At the slightest complication or problem, please contact us immediately at our offices.
IMPORTANT CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
Simple negligence may delay your healing or recovery.
YOU MUST FOLLOW OUR POST-OPERATORY TIPS:
If there is pain, use the medication prescribed.
On the day of the surgery:
- Apply ice for 48 hours to prevent swelling.
- With a light pressure, bite down on a strip of gauze for one hour.
- Do not lay down or fall asleep without supporting your head with two or three pillows.
- The next two hours that follow surgery, you must abstain from eating, drinking or smoking.
- Avoid hot liquids (and spicy foods).
- Do not rinse your mouth or brush your teeth.
- If you have chapped lips, use Vaseline.
- Don’t overexert yourself.
The following days:
- After each meal, delicately brush your teeth, including the spot that was operated on and the stitches.
- Add one to two teaspoons of salt in a glass of lukewarm water. Use it to rinse your mouth and bathe the area that you were operated on.
- Maintain a healthy diet. If unable to chew, drink lots of liquids.
- Apply hot compresses to reduce swelling, starting the third day.
According to the severity of your operation, you may experience these normal symptoms:
SWELLING: The swelling will be more pronounced the second and third day following surgery. It will gradually diminish.
DISCOLORATION: Coloured spots that may appear.
BLEEDING: Very light bleeding may occur and last a few days.
DISCOMFORT: Difficulty to open your mouth for a few days.